Powering Bajaj Chetak is a 3.8 kW motor that can churn out a maximum power of 4.08 kW. The powertrain gets fed by an IP67 lithium battery pack, which get fully charged by a conventional power socket in five hours.
The scooter comes in two modes—Eco and Sport. The former gets capped at a 40 Kmph speed limit, but the vehicle is optimised to cover a distance of 90 km. In the latter, the scooter can clock a top speed of 70 Kmph but can cover a lesser distance.
The suspension system of Bajaj Chetak consists of a set of leading link suspensions at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The braking system comprises a disc brake at the front and a drum rear brake.
The scooter incorporates a combined braking system that links the front and rear brakes and enhances the braking performance.
It also gets a front regenerative braking system to convert the kinetic energy generated when the brakes get applied into electric energy and store in the battery.
The curb weight of the scooter is 100 kg, and it can carry up to two people.
- Like in all incarnations, the electric avatar of Bajaj Chetak retains the spirit of its predecessor. The scooter comes with a steel frame fitted with several sophisticated features.
- The most captivating feature is the oval-shaped LED, also called horseshoe-shaped headlamp with a halo of light-emitting diodes (LED) fitted at the perimeter. Between the handles, a pair of attractive rearview mirrors looks stunning.
- The front nose of the iconic scooter gets replaced by a stunning one. It gets equipped with a pair of leaf-shaped side indicator lights that add an excellent oomph factor to the scooter.
- Above the mudguard, there are two side indicators, and the chrome-finished logo of Chetak is just below the nose. The blacked-out 12-inch alloy wheel gets equipped with a leading-link suspension system and a disc brake.
- The flat footboard gives ample legroom for an average rider, and it extends to the rear portion, which enables the pillion rider to place their feet comfortably on it.
- It also has a pair of adjustable footrests. The premium version has a rear-side footrest that evokes the memories of the good old Chetak.
- The all-new electric Chetak incorporates a futuristic-looking round instrument cluster; it digitally displays speed, distance covered, and battery percentage, among others. Adjacent to the left and right handles- buttons for the headlamp, horn, and side indicators get fitted.
- The uniquely shaped seat is mostly flat except for the initial portion in the front and gets ergonomically designed to enable the rider to sit comfortably.
- The front inner box of the electric scooter opens with a press of a button, and it consists of the battery pack and the charging kit fitted with a charging light. There is also a button to open the boot, with the charging socket and ample boot space. The boot can be closed after fitting the charger in the charging socket.
- The rear 12-inch wheel gets fitted with a drum brake, and the rear indicators are sleeker and slimmer than the front ones. The silver-coloured grab rail offers extra protection to the pillion riders.
Comparison between Urbane and Premium
|SEAT FABRIC / STITCH||Stitched with premium fabric||Non-stitched with regular fabric|
|FLOOR MAT||Dark Grey + Speckles||Black|
|BEZELS||Satin Silver Plating||Siberian Silver Paint|
|WHEEL COLOUR||Slate Grey, Satin Black||Matte Black|
The scooter is available in two and Premium.
- Indigo Metallic
- Velluto Rosso
- Brooklyn Black
The Urbane variant offers two colour options:
Bajaj Chetak gets loaded with notable features to meet every rider’s need when it comes to features. Some of the essential features of Bajaj Chetak includes:
Horseshoe LED light:
The most prominent and attractive feature on which the brand logo get inscribed. It comes with a halo of daytime running lights.
TFT Instrument cluster:
The instrument cluster digitally displays speed, distance covered, and battery percentage.
The 12-inch alloy wheels make the vehicle lighter and steadier.
LED Indicators with sequential lighting:
The side LED indicators are beautiful to look at, and so do the sequential lighting.
The scooter is Bluetooth-enabled and can also get connected via Chetak App.
Remote Control Key:
Chetak comes with a remote control key that can unlock, start, and lock the scooter remotely.
The scooter comes in two drive modes—Eco and Sport.
Combi and regenerative braking:
The combi braking in the scooter decelerates both wheels simultaneously, while the regenerative braking stores the kinetic energy obtained from braking in the battery.