The Honda CBR650R gets powered by a 648.72cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve BS6 engine mated to a six-speed transmission. The powertrain can generate maximum power at 12,000rpm and a peak torque of 57.5Nm at 8,500rpm.
Globally, the CBR650R gets updated to Euro-V emission norms, and the 2021 model in India complies with the BS6 norms. The Euro-V compliant bike generates 94hp of maximum power and 64Nm of peak torque and does not lower the power-torque ratio.
The Indian model of CBR650R generates 84hp of maximum power and 57.5Nm of peak torque, which is 10hp and 6.5Nm less than the international model. The 2019 model was also detuned for the Indian market at 88hp of maximum power and 60Nm of maximum torque. The company has increased the kerb weight of 2021 CBR650R by one kilo, taking 211kg.
The bike can achieve a top speed of 240 km/h and sprint from 0-60 m/h in only 3.5 seconds and 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds. It gives a fuel efficiency of 21 km/l. This CBR650R bike weighs 211 kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 15.4 litres. It can travel a distance of 323.4 km in a full tank.
The braking duties are performed by 310 mm diameter twin discs at the front and a 240 mm disc brake at the rear assisted by a dual-channel ABS. The front has a four-piston calliper, whereas the rear comprises a single-piston calliper.
The suspension set-up includes Showa Separate Function-Big Piston (SSF-BP) upside-down forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
The bike has a kerb weight of 211 kg and a wheelbase of 1449mm. The kerb weight of the bike is 211kg, which is one kilogram heavier than the international model. It has a ground clearance of 132mm, and its seat height is 810mm. The bike’s overall length is 2,128mm; width is 749mm, and size is 1,149mm.
The most attractive aspect of the bike in terms of its design is its twin-pod headlight inspired by the CBR1000RR styling. The headlight also includes a sharp new reflector profile.
A transparent windscreen takes care of the aerodynamics and protects the rider from the wind at full throttle. The handle features all the sophisticated buttons and a set of attractive rearview mirror stand perched on it.
The full fairing protects the engine and gives the middleweight bike an appearance of a true blue sports bike.
The 15.4-litre fuel tank is muscular in shape and gives the motorcycle a beast-like look. A split-style saddle makes the bike comfortable for riders as well as passengers. The alloy wheels are the highlights of the bike.
The bike gets built on a twin-tube type chassis linked to the Showa Separate Function-Big Piston (SSF-BP) upside-down forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The graphics and racing decals make the bike look like an ultimate racing bike. The bike features an attractive compact exhaust canister.
The bike comes with several sophisticated features that look incredibly modern and contemporary.
Excellent features include a digital LCD instrument cluster, all-LED lighting, an assist, and a slipper clutch. In terms of safety and technology, it has moved several notches higher with Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) technology, Honda Ignition Security System (HISS), Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), and dual-channel ABS.
The Honda 650 comes in one variant and two colours.
Colours of Honda CBR650R:
- Grand Prix Red
- Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
Here are the features of the Honda CBR650R:
- Redesigned exhaust and muffler: The bike has four exhaust downpipes and a redesigned muffler
- Full LED lighting: The new CBR650R features a premium Dual-LED Headlight that looks like CBR1000RR Fireblade’s headlight. The sleek and minimal taillight also gets equipped with LED lights.
- LCD: The crystal-clear digital LCD Display gives the bike a sporty feel. It has a new addition of Gear Position and Shift Up indicators.
- Assist clutch: The six-speed gearbox of the CBR650R and the assist/slipper clutch makes the aggressive up-shifting, rapid down-shifting, or a smoothly controlled corner entry easy.
- Four-cylinder engine: The potent four-cylinder DOHC 16-Valve Engine features Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) to maintain the rear wheel traction.
- New front suspension: The bike features a new front suspension with the 41mm Showa Separate Function Big Piston upside-down forks. With a larger sized piston, the forks give increased control and shock absorption.
- New crankcase cover: The bike now gets equipped with a new crankcase cover in a bronze colour that is highly appealing to look at.
- New license plate holder: The brand new license plate holder is a testament to the maker’s eye to the details. It indeed makes the bike look great.
- Tail section fairing: The bike comes with an attractive tail section fairing. The sleek tail section makes the bike look sportier and enhances its style quotient.
- Other new features: The bike also gets an LCD dashboard angle and illumination and a revised camshaft and engine mapping.