Powering Honda CD 110 Dream is a 109.51cc single-cylinder air-cooled fuel-injected BS6 engine mated to a four-speed transmission. The powertrain can generate a maximum power of 8.67 bhp @ 7,500 rpm and a peak torque of 9.30 Nm @ 5,500 rpm. The motor gets equipped with a silent starter with ACG.
The BS6 model comes with a lot of advantages over the BS4 counterpart. The power output in the motorcycle has increased by 0.44 PS. I,t is even more, torquier by 0.67 Nm.
The compression ratio of the bike is now 10.1:1 as against 9.9:1 in the BS4 model. Honda’s fuel injected technology also replaced the carburettor.
The ARAI certified fuel efficiency is 65 km/l, but the mileage reported by Honda CD 110 owners is 64.5 km/l. The bike has a fuel tank capacity of 9.1 litres, which is 1.1 liters more than the previous model. It can travel up to 631 km on a full tank. The commuter bike sprints from 0-60 km/h in seconds and can achieve a top speed of 86 km/h.
The battery in the new model is 12V 5AH as opposed to a 3AH battery in the older model. The ACG starter motor enables it to start silently and free of a jolt every single time.
The bike gets built on a diamond-type frame linked to a pair of telescopic forks at the front and twin-sided rear shocks. The braking duties are performed by drum brakes at both front and back and assisted by a combined braking system.
The BS6 Honda CD 110 Dream gets equipped with a DC headlamp for consistent light at all rpms. The headlamp is very similar to that of Hero Splendor iSmart and even TVS Sport.
The bike features graphics on the fuel tank and the side panels. The basic silhouette remains the same. But there are many subtle modifications to the overall design with new graphics decals.
Between the headlamp, a pair of body-coloured rearview mirrors remain attached. The analogue instrument cluster has a speedometer, odometer, and fuel gauge. The handles get equipped with switches for the headlight, taillight, side indicators and more.
It gets a bikini fairing, and the fuel tank is marginally more extensive. The seat is 15 mm longer than an older version of the motorcycle and makes the ride more comfortable.
The seat height of 790 mm makes the bike accessible to a wide range of riders of different heights. The footrests and rear footpegs enable riders and pillion passengers to place their feet comfortably.
The bike features a body-coloured front fender. The five-spoke alloy wheels give the bike a nice look. The chrome heat shield on the exhaust pipe provides the bike with a nice look.
The bike is 1,074 mm tall, 736 mm wide, and 2,044 mm long. The bike is bigger than its predecessor, except for the width, which decreased by 1 mm from the older version. The wheelbase of the BS6 model is 1285 mm, up from 1258 mm in the BS4 model. The ground clearance, however, decreased to 162 mm from 179 mm.
The bike comes in three variants: Standard, Deluxe, and Deluxe New.
The colour options for the Standard model are:
- Black with Blue
- Black with Cabin Gold
- Black with Grey
- Black with Red
The colour options for the Deluxe model are:
- Red Metallic
- Geny Grey Metallic
- Athletic Blue Metallic
Honda CD 110 Dream has the following features:
- Halogen headlamp: The Honda CD 110 features a DC halogen headlamp that gives consistent light at all rpms.
- Analogue instrument console: The instrument cluster consists of an analogue speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, clock and more.
- Side indicators: The front side indicators get fitted adjacent to the halogen headlamp, while the rear side indicators get fitted between the rear number plate.
- Taillight: The tail lamp is below the grab rail and lights up when the brakes get used.
- Bigger tank capacity: The 9.1-litre fuel tank can store more fuel and cover a greater distance than the previous model.
- Five-spoke alloy wheels: The five-spoke alloy wheels are sturdier than spoke wheels and give the bike a modern look.
- Steel grab rail-cum-carrier: The grab rail-cum-carrier is made of steel and allows the pillion rider to hold on to it while travelling on rough roads.
- Combined braking system: The braking system works with both the brakes and slows both wheels simultaneously for better control and grip.
- Pass switch: This switch allows riders to give a signal before overtaking any vehicle in front of them.