Powering the scooter is a 110cc fuel-injected BS6-compliant engine mated to a CVT gearbox that churns out a max power of 7.8PS at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 8.8Nm at 5500rpm.
The new BS6 engine generates 0.2PS less power and 0.4Nm less torque than the previous BS4 engine that delivered 8PS of maximum power and 8.8Nm of maximum torque.
The scooter can clock from 0 to 60 Kmph in 11.1 seconds and achieve a top speed of 80 Kmph. The ARAI-claimed fuel efficiency of TVS Zest is 62 Kmpl, but it gives a mileage of 50-55 Kmpl in actual road conditions.
The TVS-patented EcoThrust Fuel Injection (ETFi) technology enhances the fuel efficiency, and the Econometer offers Eco and Power mode. In the eco mode, the scooter will travel steadily and give high mileage, and it will travel fast and consume more fuel in the power mode.
The suspension duties are performed by a telescopic fork at the front and coil spring with hydraulic dampers at the rear. The braking system incorporates a pair of drum brakes assisted by TVS’ Synchronized Braking System.
The kerb weight of the two-wheeler is 103 kg, while the load-carrying capacity is up to 130 kgs.
Notwithstanding a generic design, the TVS Scooty Zest 110 looks exceptionally sleek and stylish.
The most prominent feature is the halogen headlamp which not only gives good light but looks good. Just below it, a small LED daytime running light gets mounted on the front apron and below it features a premium 3D TVS logo.
A pair of stylish vertically-aligned indicators enhance the scooter’s looks, as does the pair of rearview mirrors. The sloping front apron extends to the beginning point of the front wheel and eliminates the need for a mudguard.
The dual-tone seat gives a premium look and feels to the scooter, and under it, a storage space of 19-litres gives ample space for the safekeeping of things and personal belongings.
Speaking of storage, it also has a front glove box that can store small and compact things. Below the seat, a bag carrier gets fitted that can hold bags of all kinds.
The textured floorboard enables riders to keep their legs comfortably on it. A side footboard and a pair of rear footpegs provide leg support to pillion riders. A rear grab rail also comes in handy at certain speeds and road conditions. Just below it, the scooter gets fitted with a LED taillight with side indicators.
At the rear, both sides feature 3D logos that boost the oomph factor. The scooter is fitted with a thick exhaust with a stainless steel shield or muffler guard with CVTI inscribed. The two-wheeler rolls on a pair of blacked-out alloy wheels with 90/100-10 inches tubeless tyres.
With a seat height of 760 mm, TVS Zest is an accessible scooter to a wide range of riders with different heights. The length of the scooter is 1770 mm, the width is 660 mm, and the height is 1139 mm. Zest 110 gets a ground clearance of 135 mm.
TVS Zest comes in two variants:
- Scooty Zest Gloss Series
- Scooty Zest Matte Series
It is available in six colour options:
- Matte Red
- Matte Yellow
- Matte Black
- Matte Blue
- Matte Purple
- Turquoise Blue
TVS Scooty Zest 110 comes equipped with the following attractive features:
- Halogen bulb headlamp: The halogen bulb headlight gives excellent light for safe riding in the dark.
- LED DRL: A compact panel of six LED daytime running lights gets mounted on the front apron that automatically glows after the ignition is on and turns off when the headlight is on.
- LED tail lamp: The crystal clear LED tail lamp glows when brakes are applied.
- TVS’ patented Econometer: The scooter gets equipped with TVS’ patented Econometch enables the vehicle to travel is—Eco and Power mode. In the former, the vehicle will go slow and steady and deliver high fuel efficiency. In the latter, it will go fast, produce more power and consume more fuel.
- Textured floorboard: The floorboard is textured to provide superior looks and better foot grip and riding comfort.
- Front glove box: The front glove box can store small handy things in the compartment.
- Underseat storage: The storage capacity of 19 litres gives ample space to store helmets and other belongings.
- Synchronised Braking Technology: This combined braking technology assists the drum brakes and enhances the braking performance.
- Stainless steel muffler guard: A stainless steel muffler guard with CVTI engraved covers the exhaust pipe.
- Dual-tone seat: A dual-tone seat gives the scooter a premium look and offers a comfortable ride.